In Alba from Saturday (October 6th) will take place one of the most important events in Piedmont – Alba International White Truffle Fair (Fiera Internazionale del Tartufo Bianco d’Alba). For 6 weeks, till November 18th, all truffle lovers and tourist will have perfect opportunity not only to visit this area and admire beautiful landscape of vineyards, to learn more about Langhe and Roero delicacies (wines, cheeses, salumi, hazelnuts and truffles), but also to immerse in local culture and tradition.
And here some examples for next few weeks:
– Palio degli asini it’s donkey palio (race) and will take place October 7th on piazza Osvaldo Cagnasso;
– during Foodies moments you will have an opportunity to talk with great chefs and listen about local cuisine. This culinary adventure will start October 6th and will continue Saturday, after Saturday till November 18th (Palazzo Mostre e Congressi, + 39 0173 36 10 51, firstname.lastname@example.org);
– Wine Tasing Experience – oenologist and sommelier will help you to understand better the best Piedmont wines. More information on www.stradedelbarolo.it and www.winetastingexperienze.it. The cost of participation: 15€.
– il Baccanale del tartufo will be extraordinary time journey. Saturday night October 20th from 8 p.m. till 11.30 p.m. and Sunday October 21st from 10 a.m. till 7 p.m. don’t miss the chance to learn about local customs and traditions, songs, costumes and food.
– Place of taste and aromas (il Baccanale del tartufo) on piazza Risorgimento will be another opportunity to learn more about Piedmont treasures: hazelnuts (November 1st until the 4th), chocolate (November 10th and 11th), rice (November 17th and 18th), and everything accompanied by great wines: Moscato d’Asti, Barolo chinato and Spumante Alta Langa;
– Mercato Mondiale del Tartufo Bianco can’t be missed by all truffle lovers. Each piece, before being put on sale, will be carefully checked and evaluated by experts. This unique market will be opened every Saturday and Sundays during the Fair, also November 1st and 2nd (in Cortile della Maddalena).
– to learn more about truffle (how buy it, how to storage, how to eat it, ecc.) you should go for a special truffle tasters course to Palazzo Mostre e Congressi (email@example.com, +39 0173 22 81 90);
– Enjoy walking? You will have a lot of organized hills visiting to choose in different vineyards – every Sunday from October 7th till 28th. Cost: 7 € (excluding wine tasting)
– a lot of different exhibitions will take place at this time too, not only related to truffles.
Detailed fair program is available in Italian, English, French and German on: http://www.fieradeltartufo.org/Sezione.jsp?titolo=Programma+2012&idSezione=2